When people think about protecting their retirement money, they may first think about confiding in their current financial advisors.
Is this something you have thought about and done?
I understand that your financial advisor is someone you’ve likely already had a conversation with, someone whose judgment you might trust, and someone you might already have on speed dial. But what if your financial advisor does not specialize in the protection of principal? What if as a result of consulting your financial advisor on how to protect your principal, you potentially end up in a bad investment that ultimately costs you and your beneficiaries money?
These are scenarios we all must consider when it comes to protecting our life savings. Some people are unsure as to how much of their retirement money should be invested in a way that it is protected.
As a general rule of thumb, the percentage of your money equal to your age should be protected from market losses. For example, if you are 55 years old, then 55% of your money should be in protected investments. And the other 45%? Invest it however you would like. You might want to take some risk in the stock market, or you might want to have it protected as well.
The question becomes, what are your financial goals for retirement?
And are you progressing towards those goals?
If you want your money protected, then why would you not work with the best specialists in the area whose career focus is on growth of your money and the protection of principal? Doctors have the authority to prescribe virtually all types of medications, but that does not mean you should go to just any doctor on the corner. You often go to the doctor that you have a relationship with, but when it comes to a special circumstance, you need to seek a specialist. The same is true for your finances.
To ensure you never lose money due to the volatility of the stock market, consult us at Perpetual Wealth Group, LLC. today. This is your hard-earned retirement money and you deserve to keep it. Call us at 800-278-2105